Pages

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Wow...


Today's game for Nicks reminds me of some of my Madden moments

Did we possibly just witness the greatest game by a wide receiver duo of all time? Definitely the best of my lifetime. I'll leave the write up on the full game to CB32 since he did it last week, but I cannot resist writing about the game Hakeem Nicks, and Victor Cruz just had.

199 yards on 10 receptions and a touchdown for the former, and 179 yards on 11 receptions and a TD for the latter. Ridiculous. Just absolutely crazy. I mean I have said it for a long time about Nicks, and I am obviously a fan of Cruz because of last year, but these guys are really something special. Every single time Eli needs a play to be made he looks for one of those guys and they always seem to be there to bail this team out.

These two guys, combined with Eli, and the pass rush (however non-existent it has been up to this point,) is the reason why I have confidence in this team going forward. I think that as long as these guys are healthy, we can match up with any team in the league. I know that sounds bold, but we have seen it happen to them before not so long ago...

UPDATE: I was right,  "According to Elias Sports Bureau, the Giants are the first team to have two players with at least 10 catches and at least 175 yards receiving each in the same game."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...