Pages

Saturday, September 1, 2012

Penn State Game 1

Idiot Headed in to the Stadium

Wow. Just wow. I'm not going to lie I'm pretty shocked and a little pissed off about the game I went to see today at Beaver Stadium. I've had some time here to think it all over and I guess I'm ready to give out some sort of response. So here it goes.

First things first. There is no denying it. We absolutely blew today. Just awful. One of the worst all around football performances I have ever seen from a team as a whole. When something was going right, we did everything else wrong. For example on the first half, Penn State Quarterback Matt McGloin came out just killing it, shocking everyone. I mean I went in to the game praying that McGloin got beat up by one of his receivers again, and I could finally get to see Paul Jones play. Instead we got McGloin, who threw for two touchdowns in the first half, when he only threw eight all of last season. So going into halftime with a 14-3 lead, and the defense murdering everyone, I was feeling pretty good. I even predicted to one of my friends at halftime the final would be 24-6. Epic mistake on my part.

I really didn't have to much of a problem with the first half so we'll skip right to the second. The team completely abandoned everything they did in the first half. They stopped throwing the ball, which was actually working for once, and ran it into the brick wall that Ohio's defense seemed to be. We would get maybe two or three yards a run, but still we ended up punting. A lot. Then on defense, things were still looking strong. We held them for a while, but eventually they gave in, and it's as true in Happy Valley as it is anywhere, when it rains it pours. All of the sudden we couldn't stop anything. Nothing. They ran all over us. Hit about a half dozen slant routes over the middle. Worst of all, anytime Ohio got into a tough third down, there was always a guy running right by our D, picking up either the first down or scoring. I was ready to just kill everyone out there. Straight death, by exile. I mean we got murdered in the trenches, and made Ohio's offensive line look like the freaking New England Patriots. But the thing that really killed me, just made me want to run on the field, was the should have been interception that got basically passed back to the Ohio wideout who run right in for the TD.

The worst part about this game was that like 18 guys got hurt for Penn State. Just everyone. Every five minutes there was another guy on the ground. Lineman, Running Backs, Linebackers, doesn't matter they're pretty much are all dead. I say get the damn volleyball team out there, maybe they can use their crazy verticals to jump up and get some turnovers. I'm willing to try anything after watching today.

That's all I really can say for now I guess. I'm still kind of pissed off about it, but then again I never really had that high of expectations for us this season anyway. I just didn't think we would lose the first game. It's going to be a long year, so I guess bring on Virginia.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...