Pages

Monday, September 24, 2012

Too Easy...nasm30 is a Champion

"Pain heals, chicks dig scars, glory lasts forever." -Shane Falco

Tonight was the final day of the 2012 fantasy baseball playoffs for our legends league, and no surprise here, but nasm30 pulled out the win over CB32's team, Jaimie Lee Curtis. I want to give CB32 a lot of credit. That was a crazy matchup, and there were a bunch of times during the week when I thought I was dead. So yes, it was a tough battle, and I had to fight back quite a few times, but my guys kept their heads in there, and we knew all along that if played the game we've been playing all year, we would hoist the imaginary trophy. In the end it came down to just a couple of points, and there is some thanks in order.

First off, I want to thank AF for trading me Kyle Lohse. The guy was clutch down the stretch, and his excellent 16.9 point performance today was just that. He came to win today. For those of you who are wondering, it was an absolute robbery of a trade. I got Lohse and Washington Nationals reliever Drew Storen as a throw in for Dan Haren. Dan Haren. I feel like I owe AF some of the prize money, because I honestly feel bad sometimes about taking Lohse away from him like that. It was kind of just mean.

Secondly, the players. Couldn't have done it without this group of guys. Just stacked at every position. They hit when they needed to, for both power and for average. My pitchers were great as well, picking up clutch saves, and wins all over the place to end up with the one seed, and eventually win both playoff games.

Finally, myself. Since no one else is going to do it, I'll give myself the most credit. I came in and put this team together how I wanted. I didn't follow any of he rules or conventions of a typical fantasy baseballer. I went for value over need, and I managed with emotion and heart instead of reason. Sure, at times I had my doubts, everyone does, but in the end I knew that these guys could be great, and that I could put a winning team on the field.

That's all I have to say for now so again thank you everyone, and better luck next year to AF, CB32, MillMeek22, and Beardface.

P.S. I am a terrible fantasy footballer, so really I am just looking forward to next April.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...