Pages

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Quarterback Fight Club

Ok, so yesterday I was watching football with my friends, and for some reason we got to the topic of which quarterback would win in a fight in a sort of Mortal Kombat style 1 v 1 single elimination tournament. We argued about it for the next few minutes, until finally we decided to make up a quick bracket of the 32 starting NFL quarterbacks. After going through it game by game we crowned a winner for each matchup by popular vote. I thought it might be something you and your friends might want to get in on as well. So here it is, the 16 matchup bracket complete with two play-in games. These are between Skelton and Kolb because of their possible quarterback controversy, as well as Tebow and Sanchez, because we had to find a way to get Tebow in there, otherwise it wouldn't be real 2012 football talk.
So originally I had Newton winning the whole thing, but after seeing his press conference I have lost a lot of confidence in his abilities to fight. He now kind of comes off as a huge baby, and someone who would probably come in with a lot of hype, and just get the crap kicked out of him.

Also, although I had Tebow moving out of the first two rounds, I think he is too much of a pacifist to go in to the later rounds. I think a serious dark horse in this is Jake Locker. The bottom half of the AFC is weak, and Locker will basically waltz into the final four.

However, as much as I hate him, I think I've got to go to Roethlisberger for the overall victory. Just a big, strong, goon who we know has no problem breaking the rules. I think RGIII could give him some trouble, as he would probably end up being my NFC champ, but he's not that tall, which could hurt him. Big Ben definitely has more reach, and is taller, so I'm giving him the edge.


P.S. I think Eli's 1st round departure is a little premature. Eli is the toughest man in the NFL, plus his two Super Bowl rings would probably put a nice dent in the side of Vick's face.

1 comment:

  1. I have Josh Freeman as a guy that could potentially do some damage.
    Pretty much a toss up between Freeman, Tebow and Roethlisberger.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...