Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Yankees Need to Stay Healthy to Win it All

So the Yankees won again today, 4 in a row. This team is great, but at the same time, I cry myself to sleep at night just thinking about CC Sabathia being on the DL. He's one of the most underrated pitchers in the league, and I say that being dead serious. The media never even mentions him in the same breath as the Verlander's, and Kershaw's of the league, despite the fact that he is the only pitcher in the league who can say they have been been in the top 5 of the Cy Young voting each of the last 3 seasons. Plus, this is a killer time for him to be out, I mean just look at his numbers in the month of August. Over his career as a Yankee, he has gone 15-3 with a 3.46 ERA in August. The guy barely ever gets hurt, but he's been on the DL twice this season already. I want the Yankees to win the World Series this year and follow the dominance of the New York Giants. Bring as many championships to NY as possible. But without a healthy Sabathia that goal seems next to impossible. I mean Sweaty Freddy Garcia is in our rotation right now. There is no way the Yankees can hang with the Angels/Tigers/Rangers in the playoffs without their ace. The point is, the Yankees need to find a way to keep their key players healthy down the stretch. They are already without the most underrated player on the team in A-rod (look it up, the team just recently got above .500 since losing him). I really believe this team has what it takes to win it all, granted I say that from a very biased point of view. Unlike my boy AF and his Mets, I believe the Yankees can compete with any team in this league, and even beat any team in this league. The Yankees showed when healthy they can play better baseball then anyone else. I do believe that even without CC and A-Rod for the time being, the Yankees will still make the playoffs. However, if they want to secure home field advantage throughout the playoffs without them, that will be a different fight entirely.


One last thing, I think Joe Girardi is probably the worst manager in the game right now, admittedly I don't really watch very many other managers on a nightly basis. But half the time he just sits in the dugout doing nothing. Then his team, which has probably the best offense in the league, goes down one run on a controversial foul ball, fair ball call and he then goes out and decides to act all tough and get thrown out. The sad thing is that was probably better for the team, because when he's gone we don't have to deal with his "strategic" pitching changes. "Give me the lefty." "Send in the Righty." Back and forth the whole inning. I get it, you are trying to create a disadvantage for the hitter. You know what? I wouldn't say anything if it worked, but like 50% of the time is doesn't.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...