Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Mets Find Ways to Lose and That Takes Commitment


PictureTorture. I’ve never been water boarded before but I can imagine its kinda like watching the Mets play grab ass for 9 innings. Now, I’m a huge Mets fan, but sometimes they just know how to push my buttons. Walk off wild pitches, dropped pop ups to lose games (yea, Luis Castillo, people don’t forget), and most recently the worst bullpen in the modern era. A season that started with no hope, received a shot in the arm when these underdogs were winning ball games, but since the All-Star Game, the Mets need Kelly Leak out there instead of Jason  flipping Bay. Has there ever been a quicker fall from grace than J. Bay? I honestly feel bad for him but then I watch him play and hate him again, it’s a vicious cycle. David Wright was playing like an MVP for 100 games but that’s fallen off as well. It’s things like giving up 5 runs in the 11th and 10th innings in back to back games that make me want to remove my fingernails with a screwdriver. I almost wish they didn’t do well at the beginning of the year. Hope springs eternal, but it’s a real motherfucker when they lose 10 of 11 and 9 in a row at home, shattering all your illusions of the postseason where anything is possible. Yet, I still watch every game and expect a turn around, clearly I’m a moron. I love the Mets, all the players (except Jason Bay, he really blows), coaches and everything in between. But at some point in my life I’m gonna go Natural Born Killers and pull off a string of murders because I can only be let down so many time before someone’s getting shot. 


Also - If the Mets actually give Chipper a sending off celebration, they should just cease to 
exist. Limp dick move to the max.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...