Pages

Thursday, August 16, 2012

Melky Suspended for Use of a PED

Another sad day for baseball. A guy who was having a breakout year while also being a feel-good story this season has turned into dismal one. Melky Cabrera of the San Francisco Giants is the latest Major League player to be caught using a Performance Enhancing Drug (PED.)

No one on this Earth, besides maybe Melky's parents and relatives, love Melky as much as I do. If you ever talk baseball with me, his name is bound to come up. Ever since his days in pinstripes, there has always been something about him that made me feel like he was a much better player than people recognized. So obviously I was heartbroken when the Yanks traded him to Atlanta, but I always pulled for him and stayed by my Yankees because I bleed blue and white. (Even if we did choose to keep Brett Gardner over Melky, who by the way, is a subpar fielder and hitter, with no arm, who's only asset is his speed)

This season was when it was all finally showing for "the Melkman." He had always been a tremendous fielder, who could cover a bunch of ground while also having a top notch arm, but his hitting would come and go. This year, Melky was hanging at a .350 batting average, while leading the league in hits, and was finally doing what I had been saying he was capable of forever.

On top of all this, he later received an invite to the All-Star Game and even won MVP. I was all over Twitter with posts of how I was right and how this was bound to happen. While also gloating about how I am a fantasy guru for drafting this guy each year. But now everything he has accomplished and ever will accomplish, and every stat for this season will now have an asterisk next to it, and whenever his name is mentioned it will always have the PED smudge along with it.

One Last Thing: I will stay, and always will be, a huge Melky Cabrera fan even though cheating, in anything, is the one thing I absolutely cannot stand. So for everyone that has already given me a hard time, or will in the future, shove it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...