Pages

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Perhaps the End of the Rex Era

Two Legends, End of Westhoff's career, maybe Rex's too.
I've been mulling this game over for a couple of days now, I didn't get to watch it because I live in Pats country and the internet sucks. However, I did hear some on the radio and followed it on gamecast with ESPN. And I have to say, it was probably the best thing for my health and those around me that I wasn't watching it on a TV. What a pathetic showing, I had hopes they would come out from that tough loss to the Pats in Foxboro, and stomp those clowns from Miami. Of course I was wrong.

They got straight embarrassed and it was never even close. The Jets are a team that pride themselves on special teams. Mike Westhoff is considered the greatest special teams coach maybe ever, but to give up two blocked kicks and one for a touchdown, something's definitely wrong. The Jets have a tough match up next week against the Bye, hopefully they'll get through it unscathed. Knowing the Jets, the media reports will be flying in about Tebow and Sanchez and everything in between, plus I'm kinda sensing, as the great Michael Ray Richardson once said about the Knicks, "the ship be sunk."

So this could be all she wrote for the Rex Ryan era if things don't turn around. He's probably the best Jets coach in the last 30 years, maybe even second best to Weeb Ewbank and because of a few bad decisions and some injuries that may all fall apart. Woody Johnson seems to have his heart set on the "Choosen One," but Tebow isn't the answer, not by a long shot. Maybe it's not even Sanchez, which is becoming more and more apparent, maybe it's time to look elsewhere. There are plenty of QB's looking for work and the Jets use to cycle through trash for guys like Rick Meier and Glenn Foley yearly.

PS. Skip Bayless needs to give it a rest, same argument every day about Tebow. Yeah, we get it Skip, you love Tebow but he's suchba squid.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...