Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Knicks: Thoughts, Concerns, Difficulties

Make it work, ladies.
I think I have cemented my reputation as the most pessimistic on this little project. Rightfully so, I root for the Jets, who always let me down. The Mets always let me down and of course, the Knicks, who, you guessed it, always let me down.

I have zero faith in humanity or New York sports, how the two are related is pretty clear. Changing alliances is out of the question because, as Boy Meets World taught us, no one likes a flip flopper, no one. So I'm stuck with the teams I picked as a young, idiotic child. My parents didn't have the foresight to steer me elsewhere, but hey, they don't know anything about sports so its not all their fault.

Alright so let's move on to my most devastating team of the trio, the Knicks. I actually spent most of my childhood crying over tough Knick losses, probably why I break things now. Basketball is my favorite sport and the Knicks almost ruin that for me yearly, but this year, could it be different? Some nice moves in the offseason, particularly 'Sheed because we need some grit and some trash talking, he may be 38 but the Ball Don't Lie, folks. We also now have to be the oldest team in the league by a good 5 years, J Kidd, Camby for another go around and now 'Sheed. I think Mike Woodson is a good coach and can make this club a strong playoff contender.

There are no more excuses now, they've been together for a season, are in the middle of a full preseason, they have to perform. JR has to be ignorant for most of the season, otherwise Melo is going to be taking 35 shots a game. Stat has to turn the engine up, remove the glass from his hand and start being the Amar'e from Phoenix that we thought we signed for 5 year, 100 mill. Ray Felton is chubby and we need Shump back ASAP, our best perimeter defender and a great athelete.

Steven P. Novak is a sharp shooter for sure and he can change games, along with JR, we have two legit dangerous 3 point threats. J Kidd can stroke it from time to time, but he's there to pass and keep Melo from crying to the media. Pablo Prigioni, not much to say, he's an Argentine, maybe he knows Leo Messi. Anyways, the Knicks season kicks off with the Brooklyn Jay-Z's so we need to assert our dominance over the city early otherwise it's all down hill from here.

Ps. Ray Felton is fat, says he lost 100 pounds, so he's down to like 250, he's not Escalade from "And 1" (RIP). Also, Felton says he's one of the best point guards in the league, yeah let's hope so bro.

Pps. Hope John Shurna gets some burn, funky shot, but its wet and he's a white dude, need some vanilla to go with Novak after we lost Jorts last year. Go Wildcats.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...