Pages

Friday, October 12, 2012

Kobe Rips Smush Parker


Kobe Probably Telling Smush to Give Him the Ball
Ok the Yankees just won and are headed to the ALCS, CC killed it, and all is right with the world as the Orioles are once again gearing up for another offseason. I'll let CB32 take the full write up since it's been his thing all week and I'll turn the attention to the Kobe Bryant comments made about Smush Parker just a few days ago. In case you didn't see Kobe said...

“I tell Steve, you won MVP but I was playing with Smush Parker … (Nash) is playing with (Leandro) Barbosa. I’m playing with Smush and Kwame (Brown). My goodness. Smush Parker was the worst. He shouldn’t have been in the NBA, but we were too cheap to pay for a point guard. We let him walk on.”

Some pretty harsh things to say about the former Fordham star. But of course, much to the delight of the sports world, it did not take long for Smush to retaliate. Responding with...

“What I don’t like about him is the man that he is. His personality. How he treats people. I don’t like that side of Kobe Bryant…. The reason I wasn’t a Laker after my second year is because I didn’t bow down to (Kobe). I didn’t kiss his a–. I wasn’t kissing his feet. Quite frankly, towards the end of the second season, I stopped passing him the ball. I stopped giving him the ball. I started looking him off.”

Don't you just love old teammates calling each other out? I mean this is really, really random considering Smush Parker hadn't been mentioned in the real world in about 5 years, but you have to wonder about Kobe. His ex-teammates have constantly called him out for being a bad teammate, and maybe even a bad person. His track record sort of speaks for itself, with Shaq publicly hating him, now Smush, he raped a girl (she probably wanted it), he cheats on his wife, calls out the ownership of the Lakers, calls out his current teammates, gets called out by other players, and his running his mouth about 100% of the time. Don't get me wrong, I actually like Kobe, and I think he has earned the right to talk to some extent. But why does he continue to draw this negative attention to himself? If he's not careful he's going to end up like Lebron and the Heat. Hated and rooted against by almost everyone. He is on his way to being that guy, and it can be so easily corrected, just shut your mouth.

Just to be clear no one is as bad as the Heat though. The biggest story out of the Heat's camp is that their shooters are "having a hard time executing simple plays." Why you ask? Because, "in this offense our shooters are so open they are getting confused." Give me a break. Jesus Lebron. What a douche.

Back to Kobe. First of all Smush is the wrong guy to call out because none of this is really his fault. The Lakers wanted him to play. It's not like he blackmailed his way on to the team or he knew somebody or something. He tried out for the team, and the Lakers coaching staff said they wanted him. End of story. Secondly, and most importantly, Smush was, and still is an NBA2K legend. He was guaranteed good for 30 points any given game, 28 of them on dunks down the lane. Based on that fact alone you can't help but respect and love that guy. #1 in your programs, #1 in your hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...