Pages

Monday, November 26, 2012

He's Got Him


Martellus Bennett spends his days as a professional football player, and favorite security blanket of Eli Manning, but moonlights as a super hero. Sort of.

Last nights game brought an excellent showing from Manning, Bennett, and the offense, and afterwords showed that the Giants really do care about the fans. As Bennett was leaving the field a fan fell over the railing and landed right in the arms of The Black Unicorn. Saving the man from most definite injury, and possibly death. Bennett, in his own words, described the events.


"I was doing what I usually do, moseying to the locker room and meandering around. Naturally, I just wanted to step back, but I did the righteous thing and I stepped up. I caught him, I saved his life, I tapped into my inner superhero, which I do have. I'm usually a ninja, but my Spidey-senses told me he was going to take a fall, so I saved his life. He owes me his first-born or something. Actually I don't want that. Maybe a sandwich or something."

Great game. Great story. Great guy. Couldn't have been happier with last nights game. Defense played one of it's best games of the season. Offense was finally back on track. Most importantly, the Green Bay fan behind me got drunk, and angry, and dropped a hot chocolate all over his Aaron Rodgers jersey. Goon.

P.S. This guy has got to be thrilled it wasn't a Jets game, there's nobody on the team that can catch anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...