Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2012

A Confusing Time For Yankee Fans

Gross.

Sooooooo Kevin Youkilis is a Yankee? I'm trying to picture that in my head right now and I just can't seem to wrap my head around it. This is the same guy who I hated just a year ago, and someone who with A-Rod out, will most likely be an every day player for the Yanks this year.

This is just an all around really confusing time for me as a sports fan. Sure Damon did it too, but Damon wasn't half the scumbag that Youkilis was over in Boston. He's just the prototypical Red Sox player, ugly, grimy, weird, etc. Now all of the sudden I have to somehow like this guy and I honestly don't know if I can do it.

I can't imagine the Yankee faithful will just willingly welcome Youkilis in with open arms either. And that "Yooooooooooooouk" chant better not make its way to the Bronx because it makes me cringe even thinking about it.

One Last Thing: I actually am wrestling with the thought of cheering for this guy, this isn't a joke. However, if Youkilis comes in and hits like 10 walkoffs and 30 homers, I may give him a golf clap or two. Anything less and he's still the bum I despised for the past decade.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...